The Family

The Family

Monday, January 11, 2016

Blueberry pancakes & season changes



I can't say that when speaking of food, i'm the most adventurous person to eat with. Truthfully speaking, I tend to always get the same thing when we're out at restaurants because I don't want to pay for something that I might not like.
I generally cook the same things, buy variations of the same foods to stock in the pantry, and breakfast is typically grits with adifferent meat each day. Well, last week my mom made blueberry pancakes & bacon for breakfast and I was beyond estatic until I realized that they had blueberries in them! What's wrong with just normal, plain, original pancakes? I thought. So, i skipped pancakes & had grits with my bacon. Truthfully, i've never had pancakes any other way, but plain. Mom ended up making them again and baby girl #2 came to me and said, "mommy, you have to try these." I must have had the look that said i would decline because she looked at me pleadingly & said, "mommy, trust me! They are really good!"
I tried them and I have to admit that they were fantastic...so good that i went to the store, bought my own box, and have been cooking them every morning since. On a much deeper note, my daughters pleading reminded me of this season that seems to be changing again. We have another big move ahead and though there's peace because we prayed hard before making a decision, there has been moments where fear of what's ahead has tried to dig its ugly fangs in and cause uncertainty. In those times I remember 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 

And like my daughter I believe that God is saying, "Trust me Carla, my plan for you is really good!" So, I've surrendered all worries, fear, selfish ambitions, and even my own expectations. In this new journey I have chosen to just simply trust God!

No comments:

Post a Comment